Don’t get distracted by the idyllic weather, the beautiful beaches and luxury homes, Orange County is not immune from its own sordid true crime tales. In the third season of “Real Murders of Orange County,” which returns Friday, May 26th at 9pm ET/PT, the show explores how even in picturesque, affluent communities, murder can and will permeate their shores. The series premieres following the “Real Murders of Atlanta” as it concludes the first half of its second season.
Over the course of 10 episodes, season 3 of the series delves into the dark underbelly of Southern California’s opulent coastal communities. From a shocking double murder at a family-owned business to a young woman’s disappearance that goes unsolved for nearly a decade, viewers will learn the shocking crimes and twisted motives that lurk behind the sun-drenched facades of privilege and wealth through first hand access to the law enforcement that worked the case and the friends and families directly and forever impacted.
• The season kicks off and is filled with provocative stories, some of which are outlined below.
• 301 – Nightmare in Laguna– Premiering Friday, May 26th at 9:00 pm ET/PT
After a beloved party planner at an iconic Laguna Beach hotel is found murdered at home, investigators use high-tech tools and old-fashioned shoe leather to capture two killers and restore calm to the tight-knit beachside community.
• 302 – Driven to Kill– Premiering Friday, June 2nd at 9:00 pm ET/PT
When two loyal employees at a family-owned mobile home business are gunned down at work, detectives are left with no hints towards a motive. A hunt for a missing car, however, finally reveals a killer driven by old-school Orange County intentions.
• 303 – Wrong Place, Wrong Time – Premiering Friday, June 9th at 9:00 pm ET/PT
When a handsome hockey player and a single mom are found dead in an upscale Newport Beach condo, loved ones have no idea how they knew each other. The discovery of a link to another area attack launches the race to catch a killer.
• 304 – Lethal Lies – Premiering Friday, June 16th at 9:00 pm ET/PT
A young woman tells her mom she’s going out for a night with friends and never returns home in a puzzling case that went cold for nine heartbreaking years until a shocking confession breaks the case wide open and exposes the brutal missing piece.
• 305 – Christmas Catastrophe – Premiering Friday, June 23rd at 9:00 pm ET/PT
When a wealthy churchgoing woman is found murdered in her bedroom just a week before Christmas, investigators initially believe this is a robbery gone wrong. The painstaking investigation, however, uncovers a killer much closer to home.
• “Real Murders of Orange County” is produced by 44 Blue Productions, a North Road Company, with Stephanie Noonan Drachkovitch, David Hale and Carey Zeiser serving as Executive Producers.