Building on its library of 4/20 movies, MTV today announced the premiere of Pretty Stoned, an all-new original stoner comedy with a female-led cast, set to air on Wednesday, April 19 at 8PM ET/PT.
Set in Atlanta, the comedy follows two dueling co-workers: one a total stoner with no commitment to her job and the other a type-A high-achiever focused on her career. The two women must join forces when they find themselves sky-high in a boatload of trouble after one of them disposes of $20,000 worth of pot from a drug Queen Pin and her henchwomen.
Full character descriptions include:
• Pretty Vee will play Stella, a proud stoner who finds herself sky-high in a boatload of trouble during her favorite day of the year, 4/20.
• Paris Berelc will play Darcy, a feisty, high-strung over-achiever and Stella’s co-worker.
• Brandee Evans will play Tick Tock, a tough, intense henchwoman and Madame X’s enforcer.
• Kandi Burruss-Tucker will play Mrs. Thompson, Meena’s fabulously wealthy mother.
• Chris Renfro will play Blaize, Stella’s confident yet perpetually stoned roommate.
• Skye Townsend will play Leila, a new-age hippie and middleman in Madame X’s drug operation.
• Chase Anthony will play Bridger, an easygoing manager of the marijuana dispensary.
• Jess Hilarious will play Cameo, one of Tick Tock’s sidekicks who carries out her wishes.
• Tabatha “DreamDoll” Robinson will play Meena, Darcy’s rich girlfriend and Mrs. Thompson’s daughter.
• Additional celebrity cameos include D.C. Young Fly, Porsha Williams and Navv Greene.
Ari Pearce, Andrew Lutin, and Janée Dabney are executive producers for MTVEntertainment Studios, with Donny Hugo Herran and Carlos Lugo serving as executives in charge of production. Mike Elliott and Joseph P. Genier are executive producers for Capital Arts, with Haweni Keskessa serving as producer. Jonathan Hawk serves as first-time director and executive producer; written by Blayne Weaver.
On Wednesday, April 19, How High, How High 2 and Half Baked are set to air on MTV as a part of a movie marathon stunt leading into the premiere of Pretty Stoned at 8PM ET/PT, with an encore the following night at 9PM ET/PT. MTV2 will also simulcast the premiere of the film on Wednesday, 4/19 at 8PM. Be sure to follow along on MTV Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok. Join the conversation using #MTVPrettyStoned.