World AIDS Day
December 1, 2016
World AIDS Day is held on December 1st each year. It is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV, show their support for people living with HIV, and to commemorate people who have died. World AIDS Day was the first ever global health day, held for the first time in 1988.
- Fact: Every day, about 5,600 people contract. That’s more than 230 every hour.
- Over 1 million people die every year from. That’s 1 million moms, dad, kids & friends
- 70 Million have been infected since the AIDS/HIV Outbreak
- 35 Million people have died Globally
- 36.7 Million people are living with HIV/AIDS Globally at the end of 2015
- 1.2 Million people in the United States are living with AIDS
Additional Information can be found here: